Friday, July 30, 2010

Progress - Slowly but surely...


I've been making slow and steady progress on Shintahara as of late. The track is down and my KiHa 40 has been happily running around it, much to the amusement of our two cats. The river area to the left side of the layout has been mocked up and a precursor to my station building can also be seen. The station will be a modified model of the historic Nijo station, the oldest wooden train station in Japan. I decided to take part in the Summer Project Party over on the JNS Forum, and that inspired me to get moving on the station area of Shintahara.

The mountain still has to be roughed in, and with it, the branch line roadbed. The approximate ridge line for the mountain has been drawn in though. The branch roadbed will be cut from foamcore and the mountain areas will be cut to fit. I also plan to have the top of the mountain removable to allow access to the hiddedn track in back.


The shot here shows the bridge mockup outside Shintahara. The bridgeitself likely won't get built until the 157.5mm curves come out and I can get the outside loop in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment